Sunday, November 19, 2006

Moving In with Ikea

We signed the contract for our flat this week and got the keys. On Saturday we said goodbye to the Four Seasons and headed for Ambassy Court. Our development is in the French Concession area of Shanghai which is really beautiful and still has lots of its original charm. It is also close to most of the foreign consulates and embassies which makes me wonder whether it was supposed to be called Embassy Court but someone spelt it wrong! We needed to buy a tonne of stuff for the flat, including a bed as I didn't fit in the one provided) so we headed off to Ikea. This will come as a shock to those of you that know the hassle I had with Ikea when I moved into my flat in London a couple of year's ago but Cecile had never been to one and I figured it might be different in China. It's still a nightmare shopping experience but at least in China they can afford to provide some staff who can help out, best of all once you pay for all your stuff you give the cashier about £5 and they deliver it and build all your furniture the next day, lovely!

I Love Ikea!

I Bloody HATE Ikea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home