Sunday, January 14, 2007

Tokyo

This week I spent a couple of days in Tokyo for meetings. The first time I went to Tokyo a couple of years ago I didn't like it much. It felt further away from home than anywhere I've ever been, phones don't work, ATM's don't work, nobody seems to speak English...

This was my 4th trip and every time I like it more and more. Underneath their formality (and boy can they bow in a business situation), the Japanese people I met are warm and friendly and get a couple of beers down them and give them a microphone they are fantastic fun!

This trip I booked into the wrong Hyatt (who knew there were 3!) so ended up in the hotel where they filmed Lost in Translation. On Friday night at 5am when we rolled out of the Karaoke booth it felt very appropriate!

View over the harbour of the main bridge into Tokyo

View from Ogilvy's office - not bad! The red and white tower you can just see in the middle is the Tokyo Tower which acts as a landmark in the Centre Point sense (ie when you roll out of a karaoke bar pissed at 5am it helps you work out where you are!)
Ogilvy hels their 2007 kick-off party in Hanayashiki Amusement Park which is a very old, tiny little funpark in the middle of Tokyo.
The funfair, complete with a 50 year old rollercoaster!
Typical Tokyo "Love Hotel" as seen from the rollercoaster.
The nearby Senso-ji temple

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home